I had to look at the calendar to see what the date is. I've lost track of time this weekend, which is probably a good thing. :) That means I'm enjoying myself.
1. I'm working on switching to Typepad. Just want to.
2. My Mom came over yesterday afternoon while it was cold and raining. We watched Jim Carrey's "Grinch" movie, ate popcorn and drank homemade hot chocolate. It was fun. :)
3. I got a fresh wreath at Costco yesterday for $14.99. It just about covers the entire front door, but it sure does smell good.
4. Only got about 4 presents on Black Friday but had lots of fun with my mom and sisters. Didn't encounter any crazy people, either. Thought it was funny to have to wait in line inside Toys R Us just to get IN to the electronics/video game area, lol.
5. I'm going to do a little more shopping tomorrow for Cyber Monday. I like free shipping AND being able to see if a size or item is in stock rather than going to all of the Austin locations.
6. I made this Chicken Tortilla Soup on Friday night and it was pretty good. It needs some roasted poblanos and garlic, I think. You could easily add whatever your family likes.
7. See my stairs? Noah wanted colored lights there this year. In each gathered swag area there are three glass brightly colored balls tied together and attached. It's fun. :)
8. I want some new cookware for Christmas. I've never had new cookware and am using the same Revere Ware I've had since college. (almost 20 years!) So...do you have good cookware and why do you like it? I like the porcelain ones, like Giada DeLaurentis and Mario Batali use, but I also like the non-stick. Would love your opinions!
"He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe