Thursday, August 25, 2011

Foodie Friday: For the Love of My Grill Pan

Outdoor grilling is great, but really....in the heat we've been having in TX, who wants to stand outside over a flaming grill? It's not going to be me, that's for sure.

I've been getting a lot of use out of my Calphalon Grill Pan this summer! Simply marinating our dinner meat all day in the fridge and grilling it up right before we eat sure makes dinnertime easier. (and healthier!) It's easy to find marinade recipes online and it kind of forces you to do early dinner prep. A big bonus on busy days!

Some of our favorites from this summer are Tyler's Fajitas (even better than a restaurant!), Tequila Lime Chicken, and BBQ Roasted Salmon (I grill instead of baking). You can even brush the grill with a little butter and grill up some fresh peaches or pineapple slices with some brown sugar and cinnamon for dessert. (great over vanilla bean ice cream or just by themselves!)

I hope this inspires you to grill indoors and try some new flavors!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Clever girl! :) This inspires me, because I have one also and I've been a little afraid to use it! But, I shall try. LOVE the idea of grilled peaches, yum. As always, you rock!

-c