Thursday, August 06, 2009

8.6.09

Hey there!

I have nothing specific to blog about today, so it'll be pretty random...

I am having the BEST time preparing things to be in my little shop in October at the retreat. I'm already planning the displays, the vintage items I'll take to hold things, and deciding on products. To the left is just a sample of some of the things I'll have in the store. I plan to have layouts and projects displayed that use lots of these products, too. Lots of brand new CHA-goodies from October Afternoon, Jenni Bowlin, Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill, just to name a few...can't wait. (If you click on the photo you can see a larger view.) I've also been winding seam binding in about 15 colors to sell in 2-yard bundles. Still planning a trip to a few antique malls to gather some tiny salt shakers to hold glitter. Fun!

From the blogs I read often, here are some things that inspired me this week:

1. Amy's gorgeous ribbon on spools in her craft room. Her stuff just makes me smile.

2. Andrea's muffin tin meals photo. Noah wasn't feeling well the other night, asked for a snack, and I brought him one of these (6-cup) with fruit, cheese, crackers and he just thought it was so neat. And he's 9. :)

3. Pam's gorgeous camping tablecloth. What a great use for old/vintage sheets! Pam is teaching at Inspired 2010. Lucky students!

4. These precious cards made by Candice. She found the scalloped card bases in the $1 spot at Target. Gotta love that!

5. I love Nora's gift wrap station in her house. How fun to look up and see all of that beautiful ribbon.

6. Teresa's lovely Farmer's Market photos. So pretty!

7. Tim Holtz showing the new Distress Stickles colors (love these) and the Rock Candy crackle paint. Oh, mama!

8. Linda's latest projects. Hello? This girl is AMAZING.

9. Theresa's photos of Uncommon Objects, my favorite store in Austin. I could spend hours there, I tell ya. Well, I have.

10. Yay, Melissa! Was so glad she won the Next Food Network Star. She has never been to cooking school, just a stay-at-home mom with fabulous ideas. I made this the other night and it was wonderful. Here is her 4-step chicken recipe. Yum!

Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Suz said...

wow that's a great kit filled with the best of the best

Jennifer Stewart said...

Thanks, Suz! :) It's actually not a kit, just items I'll have for sale in a little shop.

Have a good night!
Jennifer

Roberta said...

Hey Jennifer...I'm thrilled that "Melissa" won as well...like the other guy...but really wanted her to win...yeah! My sister is moving to "Arlington, Texas"...are you nearby...I haven't looked at the map yet...any good places to eat and shop if you're familar...thanks, Roberta

Courtney Gregory said...

So cool that you decided to be a vendor Jennifer! I so hope that I can swing coming in October.

maggie said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the nice comment, I appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love that muffin tin idea, so fun and cute!!

And good luck again w/running. You are right, baby steps are exactly that! You'll be racking up mileage in no time!!!
~Maggie

Casii said...

Oooh wish I could be at that October retreat! Looks scrumptious!