Sunday, June 28, 2009

6.28.09

Happy Sunday, everyone :)

Just thought I'd pop in and share some of the pretty things I got yesterday. I went to New Braunfels with my friend Jana and we hit a few of the antique stores in old downtown. One of my favorite things in the WORLD to do. Sigh.

I got a red divided Pyrex ovenware bowl. If I could, I'd love to bake and serve everything in these bowls. I love how sturdy they are and how they feel so old-fashioned. Brings back a lot of memories. Also found two pairs of cute little salt/pepper shakers and a French lace doily. The button card was a steal at $1.00 for genuine pearl buttons on a decorative card that is in great shape. Love finding those! The floral painting is round and in a wonderful aging black frame. Can't wait to hang that up somewhere! And the silver spoon will be used in my upcoming class for spooning German glass glitter onto our project pieces. Gotta have it pretty, right?

Still so hot here. Everyone is excited that it's only going to be 98 on Wednesday. That's sad! I'm going to bake some cookies but am waiting until the sun starts going down. Here's the recipe I'll be using later - Award-Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Don't forget I'm teaching a lovely class on Saturday, July 11th in Waco at Crop, Paper, Scissors! Call the store to sign up. I'm going to have a fun table set up with all kinds of vintage goodies to use. :) AUSTIN, ROUND ROCK, GEORGETOWN, TEMPLE gals: If any of you signed up for my class and would like to ride to Waco with me, I've got a Honda mini van with 5 extra seats. Would love to have you come along! :)



"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday." ~A.A. Milne

2 comments:

Kara said...

i wanna come, but alas i am in houston. *sigh*
aren't you coming to teach down here?? i will definately come to say hello, well stella will too! we're sorta attached right now! ;)

hope you are well!

Stacy said...

ooooh, I love the Pyrex! I picked up a set of red refrigerator glass at a garage sale a couple of months ago. Makes me SO happy!