Monday, May 18, 2009

5.18.09

Hi!

ETA: Debi/Mima....I don't have your email address, so if you'll use the link on the right to email me, I can email you back. Thanks! :)

I know most people won't agree, but I love Mondays. They feel like a clean slate....fresh start.....so much time ahead of me. Today began Noah's last week of 3rd grade as well. I'm happy that we'll have no routine for a while, but also a little sad that he's finishing 3rd grade. Sigh. It goes by so quickly.

Aren't these measuring spoons cute? They are very heavy pewter. I got them for my best friend for her birthday. I like little, unique gifts like this.

I've had several people email me, asking about purchasing a class kit from my Inspired Artist Workshop class. Well, guess what? They are now available for purchase on Donna's shop website. When they are gone...they are gone!

I'm very honored to be involved in a charity auction for Breast Cancer Awareness, led by Stephanie Ackerman. I met her at Inspired and she is the sweetest person ever. I wish I had more time to spend with her! She is going to have several different people create covers for fabric albums and will auction those off, donating the money for her 3-day Avon Walk. So proud to be creating in the same group with Teresa Collins, Tim Holtz, Janna Wilson, Suzy Plantamura, Ali Edwards, Melody Ross, Celine Navarro, Jenni Bowlin, Margie Romney-Aslett, Tia Bennett, Melissa Phillips, CD Muckosky, The crew at Pink Paislee, Teresa McFayden, Donna Downey, and Candice Carpenter. Wow! I'll post more info on the album auction as it progresses.

Tonight for dinner I'm doing a pasta dish. I love to do these mish-mash pasta one-bowl dinners, especially on busy days. I don't use a recipe, but I'll do my best to post it :) (Hope this makes sense!)

Chicken and Veggie Penne Pasta
1 lb. chicken breast meat, cut into small pieces
1 small yellow onion
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
olive oil
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 lg. handfuls fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
3 slices bacon (optional)
grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c. half and half or whole milk
8-12 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a very large skillet, heat a little olive oil. Add chopped onion and bacon, cooking until onion is soft and bacon is crispy. Add garlic to pan when onion/bacon are almost done. Remove bacon and some of the onion/garlic and set aside. Add sliced chicken to pan and cook on both sides until browned; remove from pan and set aside. Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter or margarine to pan, add pine nuts to pan and stir until lightly toasted. Remove pine nuts from pan and set aside. Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter/margarine to pan, add mushrooms and spinach to pan, cooking until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are browned. (can wait to add spinach until mushrooms are almost done) Add pasta, chicken, onion/garlic, and pine nuts back into the skillet, stirring all together. (can add last 1 Tbsp. butter/margarine, too) Add cream/milk to the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Stir all together until all heated. (it's really good when the pasta starts to brown a little from the pan) Sprinkle a few bacon pieces on top, if desired, along with more parmesan cheese.

Thanks for reading....have a wonderful evening!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That recipe sounds yummy! My little one is having his last week of pre-school! It's breaking my heart. Glad Inspired went well for you!

Anonymous said...

Love the pewter measuring spoons...where did you find them??