Friday, May 16, 2008
I thought it was about time to change my blog banner, so I just made a simple one using a photo of one of my new shelves. Just a little something different. :)
Random fun things today....
1. Go DAVID COOK! He's my favorite Idol and has been since his audition. So excited he's in the finals. I love his humble attitude. I want him to win to be the winner, but I sure don't want him to have to do a yucky pop album with empty songs. I've bought all of his Idol songs on Itunes so far and just love his voice!
2. Postmark, LA! If you've been following all of these artists' blogs, then you know how this book has been teased for quite a while! So excited that it's finally available for purchase. I ordered mine today. Go get yours!
3. In the next few weeks I'm going to start working hard on my Etsy shop. Soldered charms, vintage canvases, and pretty embellishment sets to go. Can't wait for summer! Hmm, can't recall *ever* saying that since I live in Texas. :)
4. I'm late in sharing this, but have to do so.... My sweet husband. For Mother's Day, he gave me a big tote bag. Inside were various cosmetic products that he had picked up at Ulta for me! He actually researched on Amazon.com the best lipsticks, lip gloss, shampoo, etc. and found them in my favorite shades at Ulta. He also looked in my cabinet and saw that I didn't have the body butter/lotion to go with my Lovely perfume, so he got that as well. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? (If you are interested, I got a few Garden Botanika lipsticks and some Buxom s lip shine stuff that makes your lips tingle! lol)
5. I've been to Moonshine Bar and Grill twice this week. Once for Mother's Day brunch and once with a bunch of other moms from school. One of my favorite places! Hard to beat beer-battered asparagus, silver moon margaritas, and green chile macaroni. Before you click on that link, be sure your volume is turned on. :) I think this is where we'll eat for my summer crop! If you are ever visiting Austin, I highly recommend this place.
6. The Scraps Bag! This is the cutest little thing I've seen in a long time. (well, it's 11" tall!) And I love that it's handmade. I saw it on Heather's blog and so I'm now linking you to Jill's Etsy shop. It's a hand-sewn bag that hangs on your table edge or leg (magnetic!) so you can put your scraps inside while you work. And the inside is laminated material so you can clean it easily. Love this idea!
Have a blessed weekend!
"As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."