Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1.29.08

Yesterday I had about 30 minutes to kill before my hair appointment. So I was driving by Goodwill and decided to stop in. I like to look for chapter books for Noah and they usually have some good ones for less than $1. While I was there I found this fun silver moire beaded box. I love all of the shine and the lines of beads on the top. Here are also some photos of the box top close up and of the inside of the box. And it was only 99 cents. Now to decide what to put in it. (it's 5" x 7" x 3" deep)

Photobucket

Photobucket

There have been a lot of previews of new scrapbooking products that will be coming out in February and this Spring. They will all debut at CHA in a couple of weeks. My favorite so far? The new Karen Russell narratives lines (parts 1 and 2) and the Crate Paper lines. The colors are gorgeous and the patterns are so nicely done. I can't wait to see these in person!

On Sunday we are having a Super Bowl/Birthday party and my sweet husband David is making Bobby Flay's Red Beef Chili. This recipe takes a while to make, but boy, is it good. While browsing the Food Network site this morning I also found a few other recipes that would be fun for a Super Bowl party!

Chili in a Biscuit Bowls
Chili Dog Nachos
(ok, these look weird...but have rave reviews. I watched her make them and they look pretty good)

Buffalo Chicken Salad
Chunky Guacamole and tortilla chips (this is our favorite recipe for guacamole)
Banana Split Brownie Pizza

And....TOMORROW night!! It's finally here!
New bad guys. The Others aren't looking so bad now. :)



"There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly becomes any of us
To talk about the rest of us." ~Edward Wallis Hoch

2 comments:

Just Say Julie said...

thanks for sharing the menu! dh just informed me he's got people coming over for the superbowl so these sound great!

Sudie said...

Yum! Your blog always makes me hungry. I love this quote. Have a great day!