Sunday, November 18, 2007

11.18.07

Wow, Thanksgiving week!
My Mom is hosting all of the family this year, so I haven't had to set up tables, set out dishes, etc. It's been kind of nice.
And she only lives 3 blocks away, so we don't have to travel far. :)

Isn't the photo above so pretty? It's from Pottery Barn's website.
Here are the recipes I'll be making to take for Thanksgiving -
Cranberry Fruit Conserve (from The Barefoot Contessa) - a wonderful mixture of cranberries, granny smith apples, sugar, lemon, and walnuts. You cook it down and then let it cool to eat. Makes the house smell so good, too.

Gourmet Sweet Potato Classic - Not your Granny's sweet potatoes with marshmallows! These are mashed, mixed with butter, cinnamon, and heavy cream, then topped with butter, brown sugar and pecans. YUM.

Green Beans with Shallots - Gotta have some fresh veggies in there somewhere, so these will do nicely.

Brownie Tart (from The Barefoot Contessa) I haven't made this before now, but the reviews are pretty amazing. A complete chocoholic's dream, so all of the chocolate lovers at Thanksgiving will be happy. :)

I am also going to go to Central Market on Wednesday and pick up a container of some wonderful salsa to bring as a side/turkey topper. It has cranberries, mandarin oranges, walnuts, red onions, and cilantro.
OH...and Thanksgiving morning we'll have these baking when we wake up. Well, everyone ELSE will. I will have put them in the oven and been up for a while, ha - Clone of a Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls. They are absolutely the BEST cinnamon rolls we've ever had.
And because I haven't posted one in a quite a while, here's an OFFICE clip! :)
This is actually the Top 10 "Song" Moments of the show. Hilarious!


I'll post again later this week.
And if you haven't gone to the grocery store yet for Thanksgiving, ARE YOU CRAZY?
:D
"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare.
They are consumed in twelve minutes.
Half-times take twelve minutes.
This is not coincidence." ~Erma Bombeck

7 comments:

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

LOL! YES, I AM crazy! It was non-stop week for my last week... and the weekend didn't slow down either.
I'll have to go shopping tonight!
I absolutely LOVE the recipes you are taking for Thanksgiving! They sound SOOO yummy! And I think I might have to make those sweet potatoes! Thank you very much for sharing, and Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hugs,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Count me as crazy also...but then, I only have to get potatos and stuffing mix so I should be in and out very quickly!

I must say that your sweet potato recipe sound so delicious I might even be tempted to try/eat it...and I never touch those things!! LOL!

Have a blessed and joyful Thanksgiving, Jen!

Anonymous said...

Oops...sorry, forgot to let you know who I was...that 2nd post is from me!

Jen said...

I'm so making that Cranberry Fruit Conserve for Thanksgiving. It sounds so good and easy to make which is a huge plus!

And I love that Top 10 Song moments video from The Office. My daughter and I sat on the couch one Saturday looking at all the videos that person made from clips of The Office. They were a riot!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I completely LOVE that PB set - I am hoping to snatch it up Post Thanksgiving :) The LARGEST PB store just opened by me - aren't I lucky????

How was the concert?????
I need details!!!

Heidi said...

Souds yummy! I may have to try those sweet potatoes!

Kimber McGray said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jen!

Love that video too!