Thursday, June 21, 2007

6.21.07



Happy Summer! It officially began 1 hour and 21 minutes ago.
And in Texas,
it won't be over until....November, maybe?

Isn't this bird cage the cutest thing? They've turned it into a mail center!
I picked up the latest issue of BHG's 100 Ideas Flea Market Style magazine and this was inside.
They cut some of the bars, cleaned them, added shelves on dowels and have a new mail center.
I think you could use it for other things (craft space).
I love flea market finds!


The directions say....
Scrub the framework of the birdcage with a bleach solution; then clip off the wires from the front and back, leaving a few to create mail slots. To create shelves, cut dowel rods slightly longer than the cage width and notch the wood to help it grab the wires. Cut glass or plexiglass shelves to fit, and place them on the dowel rods.


Here's a really fun and yummy looking way to make ice cream that I received via email yesterday - Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag. I think Noah would love doing this. There is even a video to watch to see how to make it.



Oh my goodness....I love all of these stamps.
Browse the entire list on the left of the page that is linked above.
I like stamps you can use more than once.




Another random post. :) Have a blessed day!

(I LOVE THIS QUOTE!)

"So what to do? Two things, it seems to me. At least two. Use up each day. Fill it overflowing with good. Deliberately enjoy it. Two, begin now. Mend a fractured friendship, mail an overdue letter, repair a broken heart, lay aside a grievance, act on a noble impulse. As we all know, The night cometh." - Lanny Henninger


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stamps are awesome! Did you see the new ones that are coming? I'm going to have to spend some money!!! It's hot hot hot here... I know you're feeling it too - ugh!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty birdcage! I love BHG's flea market decorating book. I'm guessing summer will end around December 1st here in Georgia :)

Rachael said...

That birdcage is cool!!