Saturday, April 14, 2007

4.14.07



What a great day!


I spent the day at Scrapbook 911 in San Antonio teaching a class of 11 wonderful women!

Every one of them was so kind...and talented!
I loved seeing how each of them personalized the little house. (Hi Stacey, Angela, Jodie, Ruth, Jen, Amy, Natalie, Kim, Monica, Jana and Tinka!) Thanks for a great class! And Gina...thanks for stopping by. It was great to meet you for a second! :)

It was especially nice seeing Tinka and Jen, friends from a scrapbooking message board that I've read for a whole lot of years. :) And how FUN to have Stacey, Jana, and Monica in the same room! These girls I've known from 2Peas and via email for a while and it was great to see them all today. Here are some photos from today. And I think Jana took some photos with me actually in them, lol....




Stacey and Angela, who drove all the way in from Aggie Country. :)





Jana, Stacey, and Monica :)




This is our "candy table" from the class where everyone got to pick and choose embellishments. :)
I had vintage bowls and pretty containers
full of lace, buttons, flowers, rhinestones, and of course...candy!





Angela hard at work. I loved her little pink suitcase!





Scrapbook 911 has a terrific classroom!





Painting and getting messy!












Monica and her new Amy Butler bag!
(ok, not really....she just "borrowed" it for the photo from the store)
Isn't it CUTE?
And yes...Monica has the world's BEST smile and teeth. :)




Have a wonderful weekend. :)
- Jennifer

"The light in the eyes of him whose heart is joyful, rejoices the heart of others. "
- Proverbs 15:30

19 comments:

Robyn said...

OHHHH MAN that looks like fun! And Jennifer, I have to say that the "candy table" SO totally rocks!~ It's gorgeous! I'd have given my left arm to be there!

Melissa said...

What a great class idea! Wish I could have been there too.

And thanks for posting the pic of Monica with the bag. Now I have an idea of just how big these are! I might need one too!

Anonymous said...

Mis Jennifer Stewart... YOU ROCK MY WORLD! The class project is absolutely amazing. Being an instructor, it always impresses me how you are able to be cool, calm, and collected enough to step away from the chaos of teaching (the chaos is in my mind always), and take such fabulous pictures of your students and the stores you are invited to. WAY TO GO! I aspire to be like you when I grow up. Okay, I know I'm older than you... but you know what I mean.

Now, about the fun people you were able to play with today - I won't deny it... I'm jealous. Those are some awesome girls you got to hang out with. LUCKY YOU - LUCKY THEM.

Smooch!

TracieClaiborne said...

You lucky duck, I would love to spend time with those girls!!! I'm glad it went well. Your project rocked!!

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

Looks like you all had a blast! LOVE the project!!!!!!!

Shirley said...

Project looks FAB! And love seeing all the pictures!

Kimber McGray said...

Look how CUTE they are!
Jen I am sooo jealous that you got to meet up with them all!
I am glad the class went great! I have loved that project from day one!

Congrats girl!

staceykingman said...

Look how happy we all were! It was truly a wonderfully fun morning. I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Jana said...

I had such a GREAT time with you guys yesterday and wish it could've lasted longer!! I loved meeting you and my mom is going to LOVE her little shadowbox house so thank you! We're going to have to hang out again SOON.

Anonymous said...

That looks like soooo much fun! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tracy said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! The project looks great, too.

Cindi said...

Oh how I wish I lived in Texas! I would be the first to sign up for one of your classes! You are such a tease with that "candy" pic! I love all the vintage bowls and such. I've been collecting those items for years and have just recently cleaned out my cupboards and started to use them for my scrapbooking table and to serve sides dishes in for dinner. They are just too fun and pretty to only save them for special occasions.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

thanks again for the fabulous class. I truly enjoyed it.

and that bag, it might be calling my name.

=)

Monica

gloria said...

i am so bummed!!

i wish i was in SAT already (we are due to move there in 2 months)!!

please say you'll do the class again...after i move to texas...puh puh puh LEEEEZE?!

:)

http://angeladaniels.squarespace.com/ said...

What a FUN day! Wish I could have been there- just your "candy" table alone would be worth the trip!

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun class, I highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to take it. :-) Thank you so much, Jen, for making me feel at home when I am so very far from home now, and thank you for such a wonderful first class experience! If I am ever in an area where you are teaching, I am sure to sign up for another.

Jen :-)

Anonymous said...

Jen, it was great to see you again and being able to take your awesome class! I was quite the envy of the crop I went to afterwards....everyone there LOVED the shadow box and said they wished they could have taken the class also!

Cupcake said...

Oh I just love that house project. I so want to make one of those. How much would a class kit be???

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed looking at your photos, Jennifer! Sounds like you class was super fun! :)