Monday, January 29, 2007

1.30.07


Almost February...yay! :)

Don't forget, my "Art of Romance - mantle decor book class" is coming up on Saturday, February 3rd at Scrapbook Crossing. If you want to take it, please call the store to sign up soon! :) It would make a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for someone and would also look beautiful in your home all year long.
It's supposed to be cold that day (I hope) so I'm going to bring hot chocolate and cookies to class for everyone. Yum!

If you haven't signed up to take Heather Preckel's classes while she is here in Austin, you need to! I'm going to be taking a Saturday class and can't wait. You can see all of the class info here!

Have you seen Elsie Flannigan's new products? (scroll down to her second post) They were just released on Sunday at CHA in Anaheim, CA. Wow...I love every single thing! I probably wouldn't use all of it together on one layout, but I'd love to have some of it (especially the chipboard buttons!) to add to my own style. I love her style! And that booth set up that KI Memories put on is just TOO cute....a retro kitchen. :)

Oh....Tracy had asked a few posts back about a link to where I read about keeping photo albums. Tracy, I read it on someone's blog who had read it on Melody Ross's blog. I just canNOT remember where I read it first! (Jlyne's? Courtney W's? Urgh...just couldn't find my reference. So sorry!)

Tonight for dinner we're going to try a new soup recipe from Emeril. Sounds good!
I'll let you know how it is. (it got lots of 5 star reviews on the website)

Tex Mex Chicken Taco Soup
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Vegetable oil
1 pound chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 (8-ounce) jar salsa
1 (14-ounce) can kernel corn
1 (14-ounce) can hominy (will probably leave out)
1 (16-ounce) can ranch style beans
2 (4-ounce) cans tomato paste
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese

Saute onions, green bell peppers, and garlic in a small amount of vegetable oil. Add chicken, taco seasoning mix, salsa, vegetables, beans, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Adjust liquid to your liking. Bring to a slow simmer and simmer for 20 minutes. Place cream cheese in a separate bowl. Using a measuring cup, take some of the hot liquid from the soup and pour over cream cheese to melt and then add back to the soup. Simmer on low for another 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and grated Monterey jack cheese. Also, great on the second day over rice. **Change: As my own change, I am going to cook the chicken WITH the onion mixture at the beginning instead of boiling it and then shred it. It tastes a LOT better when cooked in the pan than boiled.

Have a wonderful evening! I'm off to (yes!) pack MORE kits for my trip. :)
(love it, though!)
- Jennifer

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves....or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. " - Victor Hugo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

recipe sounds good. i made his mighty meaty meatloaf last night with ds(who was emeril for halloween this last year). let me tell you that was some of the best meatloaf i've ever tasted.

enjoy your kit packing. wish i lived close enough to take a class.

staceykingman said...

Jennifer, that soup looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!