Friday, January 26, 2007

1.26.07



Hi, friends!
It's quiet here tonight.
Noah is spending the night with Grandma (just 3 blocks away)
so David and I went out for some good Mexican food then home to watch a movie.
He's asleep on the couch. LOL!
So I thought I'd blog... :)

Tomorrow David has an all-day thing to attend, so Noah, my Mom and I are going to go out for pancakes in the morning. Then I'm taking Noah BOWLING and to a funky toy store. Should be fun. :)

I spent a lot of today packing kits to ship to Massachusetts. I love packing kits...is that strange?
I like handling all of the papers and supplies, making sure it's all there.
Yes, ok...strange. :) (but organized!)

Speaking of pancakes.....here is a wonderful recipe.
The little taste of lemon and the sour cream really make them so yummy.
And of course, they are courtesy of my favorite food celebrity, Ina Garten.

Sour Cream-Banana Pancakes
(from The Barefoot Contessa)

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
2 extra-large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Unsalted butter
2 ripe bananas, diced, plus extra for serving
Pure maple syrup

Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Distribute a rounded tablespoon of bananas on each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute until browned. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, add more butter to the pan, and continue cooking pancakes until all the batter is used. Serve with sliced bananas, butter and maple syrup.
-----------------------------

Oh, hey....I'm doing a (lol) "Celebrity Chat" at Scrapbook Goddess on Monday, February 12th at 8:00 EST.
(will be on the message board/forum) Gonna talk about my home decor classes! (and 80's music....and Napoleon Dynamite....and recipes...)

Have a wonderful weekend!
- Jennifer

"Pleasure generally comes from things, and always through the senses; happiness comes from humans through fellowship. Joy comes from loving God and neighbor. " - Fulton J. Sheen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes sound delicious! I am so going to try this recipe on Sunday (pancake afternoon at my house). Thanks!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

What a yummie recipe - thanks for sharing! I have to try this!

Marie Starr said...

This looks absolutely delicious! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

ok I am super hungry and these sounds remarkable! yummmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

YUM! These sound so delious! I will have to make them. :) Looking forward to your chat. :)