Saturday, April 08, 2006

Orange you glad it's Saturday? :)

My favorite scents for candles and lotions are CITRUS. Yum. I love the clean, crisp smell of oranges, limes, lemons...and absolutely love the colors. How great to buy a big bag of limes or lemons at the grocery store and just have them in the house. :) This is one of the new Spring scents from Yankee candle and I can't wait to get it! I also have the Key Lime Pie and Lemon Chiffon...both are wonderful. The lemon is now discontinued, but they have a Lemon Zest that I'd love to have.

It's a gorgeous day! Sunny, mid-70's, wonderful day to be outside. (so why am I sitting here blogging? lol) We are going to my nephew's 5th birthday party today then out to a burger joint with some friends for dinner. I love days like today.

Everything in the photo below is from the new Pottery Barn catalog. And all of it inspired me in some way. The picture on the left is a Photo Carousel. They have it filled with photos, but I can see doing small little scrapbook layouts, too, and displaying them along with photos. And I bet you could find one of these at a thrift shop or a small bookstore and just PAINT it. Wouldn't be the same style, of course, but it would work. I posted this photo on 2Peas and people had really neat ideas for the carousel. (even using it as storage in your scrapbooking area)

(click on the links in my text to see details)

The bedding at the top is a beautiful lime-ish summery green and white. That summer green color is EVERYWHERE and I just love it! I want to include that color in a lot of my Spring and Summer scrapbook pages this year. :) The bottom photo is a set of Summer votive candles. Aren't those colors wonderful together? Great combination for a scrapbook page. I especially love the green, orange, and navy blue together.
Last night Noah and his cousin made these cupcakes for dessert. They were very yummy so I thought I'd link the recipe here. Great fun for the kids! A chocolate cupcake with a mini oreo and cream cheese inside. Here is the recipe: Mini Oreo Surprise Cupcakes. :)

Have a blessed weekend with your family!

- Jennifer

"Just think you are here not by chance but by GOD's choosing. His hand formed you and made you the person you are. He compares you to noone else; you are one of a kind. You lack nothing that His grace can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfil His special purpose for this generation. You are GOD's servant in GOD's place at GOD's perfect time." - Anonymous

12 comments:

Shell said...

Why is it that I always want to go shoppinig after reading your posts? Either that or cooking/baking, lol. YUMMY looking cupcakes!!!

Jana said...

Ahhhh, I'm loving the weather here in S.TX this weekend, it makes me so happy and where do I find myself, inside pulling stuff out for our garage sale! Arg, I must be nuts! I love citrus smells too, so fresh clean & summery.

Heather said...

tehehe . . .like I don't get that "orange" thing enough in Alaina's knock-knock jokes! ROFL

Nice day here too. This is my favorite time of year.

Compiling several responses into one. . . can't wait to hear your sb news! Glad I haven't known this whole time or I'd be going crazy! ROFL about the gal at the crop. You mean you don't make a million dollars???

Where in AR is the new store? Hmmm . . may have to check it out when I'm up there visiting relatives.

And Mandisa . . .love that gal! Had heard she sang for Beth Moore conferences several weeks ago. Have you done "Believing God" yet? I noticed one week, the first shot of her was her doing the "I Believe God" sign that Beth does.

Sounds like you're gearing up for a great trip! YIIPPPEEEEE! Hope you guys have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Yum on the candle. Now I have to go out and buy a Juicy Orange, just because you said so many good things about the scent.

And YAY on the inspiration pictures. I am inspired just looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I was at Yankee Candle yesterday to smell this new scent. I am a "vanilla girl," but this did smell really good--great summer scent!
I love your share of photos from Pottery Barn. I wonder if my catalogs have forwarded to my new address? hmmmm..

Jen said...

great inspiration picutres :) Thanks for the beautful quote at the end- made me feel worthy today :)

justem said...

I am in love with the new pottery barn catalog!! I want everything! And...those cupcakes look so fun!!! I may have to try that sometime, if I ever get creative!

angieoh! said...

That carousel idea is fantastic! I think that would look so cool in someone's house! Fun fun fun!

Anonymous said...

That carousel idea is cool! Love all those candles, too - so colorful!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love all of those new Pottery Barn items!!! The photo rack thing is seriously awesome and LOVE the bedding...so fresh! I also love Citrus-y smelling things. Yummmmmm! It makes me think of spring! And yumm..those cupcakes look delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Anonymous said...

I love me some yankee candles too!

I love the quote you have as well on this post. Put things in some prospective for me :) Thanks.

Love me some pottery barn as well... gosh, I guess I am loving it all today huh :)

Julia Sandvoss said...

I too am all about Citrus scents for everything! Something about them just makes you feel good!!!! So love your blog!!!!!!