Wednesday, April 12, 2006

New Day...Fun News! :)


My big news - I've been invited to join the design team for We R Memory Keepers! I can't tell you what a blessing this is. They are a big company with really incredible products. I've seen them for a while at Hobby Lobby and always loved them, so to get invited to be on their design team is a big honor. I had to wait to share the news until we all got final confirmation, which happened yesterday. :) Can't wait to get started with them!


The layout above is one of the projects I completed for my guest designer spot at A2Z Essentials. You can see my two layouts, a card, and one project here, on the A2Z website. :) I also posted the layouts on 2peas if you want to see more detail. Here are the links:
* Silly Kids * * Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playscape * * Birthday Card *


My friend Hanni and I are both pretty big Napoleon Dynamite fans. We've emailed back and forth a few times about it and had some good laughs playing on the ND theme. :) Well, she made a LAYOUT about one of our email conversations. I laughed so hard when I saw this layout! Speaking of ND, I got Noah this shirt at Target yesterday....so funny. :)




I've been a little stressed lately about all of the things I need to do in the next few weeks. We are hosting Easter, and we also have Noah's birthday party and a trip to Disneyworld coming up soon. I have so much to do it's hard to keep up. So, I sat down the other night with a big spiral notebook and made a "to do" list for the next month or so. Each day of each week, I've written down several "must do" items. It helped me so much to know that everything was assigned to a day and that it's all manageable. Having it all floating around in my head makes it seem like a lot more work than to have it down on paper. That spiral notebook will be following me around everywhere this Summer. :) I'm also using it to make shopping lists, write little notes to myself, etc. so I'll have them all in one place. Sort of a cheapskate daily planner, huh?

American Idol last night....QUEEN songs. I'm just not getting their themes this year. I wish they'd stick to genres instead of individual artists/groups. I thought Taylor was great and was HIMSELF! I'm not "getting" Paris anymore. I think she's so talented, but she changes too much each week. I know she's trying to show versatality, but it's too much. Again, what is Bucky doing in the top 12? He can't carry a tune with a wheelbarrow. I think he's so sweet and love that he's a country boy, but I think Gideon should have been in the top 12 over him. Ah well... Chris was great and I think Queen LOVED him. Ace was good, too...and I know a lot of people didn't like it. I thought it was entertaining. :)

NEW SCRAPBOOK STORE ALERT! :) If you live in or near Arkansas, you need to visit a new scrapbook store! My friend Teresa just opened a new scrapbook store, and knowing Teresa, it is going to be a HUGE success. She is such a talent and inspiration as both a scrapbooker and a friend. They had their grand opening last night and had over 60 people there in 2 hours. Yay! Here is the store info: (website not up yet)

Scrapbook Creations
City Mall
407 North Arkansas Ave.
Russellville, AR 72801
479-967-0009
Store Hours: T-Sat. 10-6

Go shop! :)

I'm feeling very blessed today and know that the Lord is in charge. Only thru Him will I get everything done that I need to with a loving atittude. :)
- Jennifer

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" - Corrie Ten Boom

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats (again) on being invited to join the DT for We R Memory Keepers! And I love what you did for A2Z!! You have an awesome talent and are such an inspiration, in all ways! When I grow up I want to be like you!!

Anonymous said...

You go Jen!! Congrats on being asked to join the design team for WeR Memory Keepers.You will do so well!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! LOVE THAT LO!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, This is such GREAT news! I ahd no idea they were searching for team members. This was definitely a team I would have tried to join. For now, I will just live the dream through you! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you. You have amazing talent, and I am glad you share it.

Jenn said...

Congrats, Jennifer!

I should sit down and do the same thing... I just don't think I want to see everything I need to get done spelled out like that!

I actually liked Bucky last night, but I agree that he isn't the best. I can't stand to watch Ace anymore, but Taylor is growing on me more every week. I still love Chris, though... so glad he is there!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, super duper on the DT gig! Can't wait to see what you do with their stuff!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Fantabulous news on the DT Your work Rocks, I love it and love the inspiration you give me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on the awesome DT opportunity!! Love the layout too!!

Heather said...

WOOOOHOOOOOO on the latest DT news! So glad you finally could post it!

Checked on the Russellville store. .. it's less than an hour from where my relatives are (Conway). Funny thing is, I put in just the towns of Conway and Russellville in mapquest and this was the first line:

"Start out going EAST on STARR LN toward SKUNK HOLLOW RD."

Starr Lane. . . named after my mom's family. My cousins grew up on Starr Lane. . .how odd is that?

ROFL . . okay, now that I've shared my wild random moment. . . .

Kim said...

Congratulation, Jennifer. Can't wait to see more of your work!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, congratulatins on both the guest deisgner spot at A2Z Essentials and being selected for the design team for WeRMemory Keepers. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! I loved the Napoleon Dynamite page your friend Hanni did -- gave me an idea for a page for my 30 year old son and his friend for a Star Wars page! I really must rent Napoleon Dynamite...I hear so much about it.
By the way - LOVE that birthday card lo.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new gig! That is so AWESOME!!! and well deserved!!!

Jana said...

Congrats on all of your success.....couldn't happen to a nicer person! Oh, and I'm a HUGE Napoleon fan too, must've watched that movie 100 times by now and I'm SO glad you didn't jump on the "slam Ace" bandwagon. I'm not ready for him to go just yet!

Anonymous said...

Darling photo and layout..and I agree with you about the American Idol themes!