Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Jingle Bells and Jackets

(click on the photo to see the items up close)


I need to get back in a scrapbooking mood! I have been working on some FUN projects with my Wendi Speciale Designs November kit and am loving it. The acrylic stamps you see pictured above are the November stamps... so CUTE. My projects will be in Wendi's limelight on November 15th. :) I'm also working on some pages for Homespun Harvest. My huge stack of papers for the design team members arrived last week and the papers are wonderful! Really fun folk art prints and colors. I'll share those layouts when they are completed and I'll also post them on 2Peas. :)
I went to Target this morning as soon as I dropped Noah off at school. We've been counting down the days until the release of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on DVD. He is SO EXCITED. He said, "as soon as I get home I'm getting in my underwear and watching it!" (haha!) What is it about little boys wanting to run around the house in their underwear? Anyway, while I was at Target I noticed they had a completely new "One Spot." This is the area where everything is $1. (I used to call it the "Dollar Spot" but my sister, who is a Target human resources employee, informed me that it was NOT the Dollar Spot...it's the One Spot.) :) LOTS of cute little Christmas items! I picked up these patterned tape rolls (green one is stripes and the pink dispenser is polka dots) I love them and they match the KI Memories Christmas papers from last year so perfectly. (That's still one of my all-time favorite patterned paper sets.) Also got two of the small jingle bell gift toppers...one in lime green and one in pink! I love pink for Christmas when it's mixed with red and green or blue. I'm using some of these items on my projects. YAY!
Do you ever sing in the car? I was singing a song on the radio on my way home this morning and was laughing at myself. It was New Kids On the Block's "The Right Stuff." I was thinking, "what if someone sees me?" Then I thought, "how will they know what song it is?" And I thought, "well, if they KNOW then that means they are just as dorky having it on that radio station!"
I keep having dreams that Clinton and Stacy from TLC's What Not To Wear come running up to me and tell me I do NOT know how to dress. Then they put me in front of a mirror and laugh at me for hours. UGH!!! This is one of my favorite shows on TV. So much fun to watch. But then again, it's NOT me in that 360 degree mirror either. So I've learned from this show that I need a few jackets. Everyday jackets/blazers to wear with jeans or to dress up for church or going out to dinner. And they need to hit me at the hip, not cover my butt, lol. (that show teaches you a lot!) So today at Target I found TWO jackets on clearance! And they don't look like clearance jackets. They are really cute blazers with nice slimming lines. One is pink and one is black with black vertical lines. Really cute and CHEAP. (one was $8 and one was $15) I still want a denim jacket, though. I haven't had one in years and I think those are really versatile. Now I can just hear my sisters telling me, "uh....do you like jackets now? You wear one EVERY time I see you." Sisters.
Tonight I'm making Hamburgers for dinner. I discovered these hamburgers on an episode of Barefoot Contessa and always use this recipe.
All-American Hamburgers
2 lbs. ground beef (I like to use sirloin since it's lean)
2 Tbsp. steak sauce
5 XL egg yolks (I think I use 6 large)
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (can use regular)
3/4 tsp. pepper
4 Tbsp. cold butter
12 hamburger buns
hamburger toppings
Cut the butter into small pats and keep cold. Mix together the ground beef, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper in a large bowl. (use your clean hands!) Form balls for each hamburger and flatten into a pattie. Slide one pat of butter into the middle of each pattie, covering with the meat. Place formed patties on a platter. Grill to desired doneness and serve! (can also use an indoor grill pan on the stove)
---------------------
Lord, thank you for these simple things today. It's the little things in my everyday life that remind me of how much you love us.
Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!
- Jennifer

"We prevent God from giving us the great spiritual gifts He has in store for us, because we do not give thanks for daily gifts. We think we dare not be satisfied with the small measure of spiritual knowledge, experience, and love that has been given to us, and that we must constantly be looking forward eagerly for the highest good. Then we deplore the fact that we lack the deep certainty, the strong faith, and the rich experience that God has given to others, and we consider this lament to be pious. We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts. How can God entrust great things to one who will not thankfully receive from Him the little things?" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

12 comments:

Benita said...

Oohhh, Oohhh, Oohhh....I gotta get to Target & I gotta order me those stamps! Love them! You enabler, you :) Too cute about Noah & yes, I sing in my car all the time :)

Hugs,
Benita

Anonymous said...

Cute finds!! I hear you about "What Not To Wear"...I love that show! :)

Anne Magee said...

I'm gonna have to RUN to Target and get some of those tapes!!

Anonymous said...

I can see a Target trip in my immediate future! Thanks for the heads up, Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

i blogged about the new Target items too - although my Target didn't have the decorative tape (insert sad face here)

those stamps look like a lot of fun! i may have to get those!

Carrie Anne said...

Guess who's running to the One Spot as soon as possible?!

I have learned a lot from Stacy and Clinton too, they are a smart bunch.

Also, I have a tradition with the dance company I'm with...whenever we have shows, I blast NKOTB's Mega Hits while we are in the dressing room!

Anonymous said...

Please pass a Target in our valley! I have to drive over an hour to get to the nearest one. Sadness! Singing in the car...Guilty! ALL THE TIME! At the top of my lungs, especially when I'm alone. And I figure if someone sees me and laughs, I gave them a smile for the day! Love your fun finds!! Have a great day!

Sophia

Anonymous said...

I love that tape you got at the One Spot...so I ran to Target last night to get some, but, alas....they had none :( and they had only 1 jingle bell left....
Oh well, I still got some cute little tags...but I still want the tape...
Thanks for the tips..

Heather said...

cute tapes! And I'm not even a decorative tape fan. ROFL So laughing about the name of that spot. My SIL is a HR manager here in DFW and she calls it the "Dollar Spot". Hmmmm . . .sounds like Target hasn't sent out a uniform memo . .. or else she just likes "Dollar Spot" better and chose to rename it (also a possibility)!

ROFL about the movie. My kids haven't seen it. . .I couldn't make myself go to see it.

Singing in the car . . .yep, all the time. Have for 18 years now. Regular concerts in the car. Of course, not usually NKOTB (ROFL . . "usually", try never. I didn't get them when they were a group.)

Loving those stamps . . . but think I best not order any more.

Anonymous said...

I love all your yummy recipes! don't ya love Target? love your new goodies and those WS stamps are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, congrats on all your cool projects! I wanna see some of your work! So funny that you posted the hamburger recipe. I almost made burgers tonight. Whenever I do just plain meat, they fall apart, so I was thinking I probably should add some egg or something. In the end I decided to make something else. Now I know -- and will use this recipe of yours in the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you are such an enabler!!!! (grin!!). I'm gonna re-arrange my whole day so that I can go get this tape. I love, love, love the paper from last year and have hoarded it .... hoo ha, how very cooL!