Friday, July 08, 2005

Aloha to Stress!


(Photo taken at Disney's Animal Kingdom entrance, May 2005. They had gorgeous hibiscus flowers, so Noah's new dinosaur had to have lunch, of course) :)


I am feeling spoiled. Just a little. You see, I'm having a baby shower at my house tomorrow for my sister and her husband, and with my recent hospital visit, I've not been able to do all the preparations for the shower. So here I sit at the computer, taking care of my lungs, while two sweet ladies are cleaning my entire house for the shower. Ahhh, a housecleaning service is such a luxury. One of the things I LOVE is to have a clean house. And if I didn't have to get it that way then WOOHOO! :) A big smooch for my sweet husband. Now if no one will mess up the house tomorrow then I'll have a clean house for a while! (ha...yeah, right) My Mom and her friend, Carole will be over this evening to help me decorate. Everything else is delegated to the other hostesses, so I'm not stressing at all! The Lord is using this weekend to show me that it IS ok to ask for help, it IS ok to not do it all myself, and that when He tells me to rest...He means it!

My sister Allison and her husband Paul are having their second child, Jack. Their first child, Luke, is the sweetest thing. He and my son Noah are BESTEST friends. :) Only 11 months apart, they are inseparable and love all of the same things. That includes anything related to the bathroom. The best words in the world are "toot, poop, bootie, burp...." according to them. They actually sit and discuss this seriously. "Hey, what are the funniest words?" Then they name them all, rolling on the floor in laughter. I grew up with 3 sisters, no boys. I don't get it but I sure scrapbook it! ;) I heard them both agree yesterday that girls smell like poopy.

The baby shower tomorrow will be a "tropical" theme since Jack's nursery is done all in the Pottery Barn surfer boy theme. SO CUTE! It's fun to do a non-traditional shower. Oh, that reminds me...gotta find our Beach Boys CD. I have lots of fun decorations like leis, tikis, grass skirts for the tables, flip-flops, surfboards.....so non-baby shower but SO Paul and Allison. I'll be sure and post some photos soon. (another fun scrapbook layout!)

One of the drinks I'll serve at the shower tomorrow is called Luscious Slush Punch. It is seriously good. We'll drink it out of funky straws in brightly colored cups. So, here's my recipe of the day to share! It comes from Allrecipes.com.

Luscious Slush Punch

1-1/4 cups white sugar
3 cups water
1 (3 ounce) package flavored gelatin mix (you choose the flavor!)
1/2 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 cups orange juice
1 (2 liter) bottle Sprite

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and flavored gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.
When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of Sprite until slushy. Ladle into cups and enjoy!
(25 servings, 4 oz. each)

--------------
Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy all of the many blessings God has poured into your life. :)
- Jennifer

"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!" ~Henry Ward Beecher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to be taken care of! I certainly hope you are feeling better! What a fun idea for a baby shower! I helped a friend throw an anniversary party last year that was a luau theme. It was such fun to decorate. We had tiki lamps everywhere and since I love pineapple, I hollowed out my pineapples (and froze until right before the party) and we filled them with the Pasta Salad and other dishes that were being served. It looked great. I cannot wait to 'read' about how the shower was. Keep us posted on your health, as well.

Master Cleaner said...

Wonder how the punch tastes. Will try to replicate. Makes me thirsts. Argh