Saturday, June 12, 2010

6.12.10


Random post alert!

First, thank you all so much for the happy wishes and prayers regarding our fertility treatments. I am prayerfully optimistic and hope to have good news to share one day soon!

Hope Floats is one of my favorite movies. It's one of those feel good movies I could watch over and over, like Moonstruck. (my #1) And it doesn't hurt that Harry Connick, Jr. is one of the stars. :)

I saw Hope Floats on TV the other day and it just made me remember how much I like it. I grew up in a small town just 25 miles from the setting of this movie and where it was filmed. It was fun seeing familiar streets, old homes, just the relaxed environment and pace. Love the porch swings, the town square, everyone wearing jeans, the lace tablecloths and real teacups, and the wire fences around the houses. I think I want to watch it again just to get some summer decor ideas. The movie had such a vintage feel.

A fun story about this movie..... When it was being filmed, I was working as a consultant in a bridal salon. (The filming town, Smithville, is just 30 minutes from Austin) The costume designer came into the bridal salon one day, wanting to purchase a dress for Sandra Bullock to wear for the movie. But she wasn't filming a wedding scene. She needed a dress for her to wear in a wedding photo that would sit on her mother's dresser. They spent $850 on a wedding gown that would be in the movie about 5 seconds. Can you believe that? And I actually don't even remember seeing that photo in the movie set. I just thought that was funny. :)

Have a beautiful weekend!
(Have you seen Hope Floats?)

2 comments:

said...

Hey Jennifer!!!!

I loved this movie too. Thanks for stopping over at my blog, your kindess and friendship means a lot!!!! I get lots of inspiration from your blog and links you have posted. Your blog is one of my favs!!! Have a super weekend!


Marilyn C.


P.S. I FINALLY made the King Ranch chicken from your recipe from a long time ago. WONDERFUL!!!! :)

sherry said...

I love the movie Hope Floats. It is such a good movie --- funny, romantic, light-hearted.