Friday, January 08, 2010

1.8.10

Every year after I take down the Christmas decorations, I'm ready for simple. So I always gather silver, mercury glass, and white from around the house and put it on the mantle. It's sort of a wintery look and mixes well with any Valentine's Day things I want to put up later. You'd be surprised what you can find in your cabinets or around your own home. Just choose a color and a metallic and start gathering.

A quick recipe share - I made this last night and it was yummy. I added blackberries as well. It's a great way to use a bunch of fresh fruit. Cranberry Apple Crisp with Oatmeal Streusel Topping

My month as guest designer at Melissa Frances has started! Stay tuned over the next week for the five projects that I created for MF. (plus a giveaway!)

2 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

Happy New Year to you and the family and the sound of cranberry apple crisp is just too tempting.

Good luck with the declutter project, the thought of only being surrounded by what you love is one we should all take on.

Courtney Walsh said...

I love the mantle!! I love, love, love it! I have a nearly empty mantle right now, so thanks for the tips!! :) Can't wait to see your MF projects!! :)