Saturday, June 20, 2009

6.20.09

Hi, everyone!

Ugh, when is fall? I am not a summer/hot weather person except that is when we have a more relaxed schedule. So, I guess as long as we have some a/c and a pool to swim in, then I'll survive. :D Summer DOES mean that fall and football season are right around the corner, right? So that's a good thing.

I just spent the morning updating my Etsy shop with two project kits and relisting some pendants and this handmade canvas. Link to the shop is over on the right. ~~>

What do you have planned for Father's Day? My husband and I both lost our dads in the past several years, so Father's Day is all about David for us. This morning I cooked a yummy breakfast of breakfast tacos and David roasted fresh coffee beans for the BEST coffee. So good! For the tacos, I had picked up some homemade corn tortillas, our new favorite, locally made. I scrambled some eggs and then made little potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes last night and lightly griddled those. We put them on the tacos and wow, they were good. Great way to use the leftovers, too. The boys are off doing a scout service project right now and I'm going to clean 6 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts I got on sale and freeze those individually. Glamorous!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

No comments: