Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4.13.09

Hi, friends and family...
On Friday morning my sister Kendra, her husband Greg, and their two kids Jane and Drew were all at home together. Greg wasn't feeling well, went into the bathroom, collapsed and died from a massive heart attack. He was only 39 years old. It has been devastating for Kendra as she makes decisions, has to make things as normal as possible for the kids, and goes on without her husband. Our family and friends are surrounding them with love and prayers as we ask the Lord for guidance and strength.

Many of our friends and close family read my blog so I'll share this here. Kendra has set up an account just for the children to help with their expenses as she prepares to become the sole provider for them. In lieu of flowers, she is asking for support for Jane and Drew. Thank you so much for all of the phone calls, emails, prayers, and words of encouragement for them. It's going to be a long road, but God is faithful. Tell those around you that you love them. Kendra and her children had their lives changed in one single minute....you just never know when your last day is here.

Jane and Drew Sterling fund


(if the link doesn't work, you can send to kendrasterlinghr@yahoo.com, the address for the fund)

23 comments:

Jen said...

How awful. Your family are all in my thoughts during this very difficult time.

Leslie said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry for your family's loss. You will all be in my prayers.

Katherine said...

I've added y'all to the top of my prayer list.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...so sorry to hear such devastating news for your sister, her children and your families. God be with you all during this difficult time. Bless you all. Fondly, Roberta

Bev said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, my friend. What a shock this must be to your entire family. My heart and prayers are with you and your family in this very difficult time. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do - besides the obvious...

nadia said...

hugs to you jennifer! so sorry for your loss. we just found out this morning that my sister in law passed away. sudden as well and she was 57. such a sad time for all. take care and be strong! ciao!

Pam Sivage said...

I am so sorry to hear this Jennifer, prayers to your family

Kris with a K said...

Oh, Jen, there are no words. I am so very sorry for all of you. I pray that you all are comforted by the Arms that hold you and the One who saves. I'll have extra hugs for my family in honor of Kendra's love for Greg.

Jackietex said...

Jen, I am so sorry! I will keep your whole family, especially Kendra, Jane, and drew in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer..I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Your family is in my prayers during this difficult time.
Terri C/Grand Prairie, TX

Susan Carter said...

Oh Jennifer I am so sorry for you & your family! My 35 yr. old sister in law died last November the same way - wasn't feeling well and died of a heart attack while driving her car one week after having a baby. It is devastating and really makes you take stock in your life. Our prayers are with you and your family at what we know is a difficult time.

Carla said...

I am so sorry to hear this Jennifer. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and her children and all of the friends and families involved.

Cindy said...

Oh Jenn, how sad. Especially for the kiddos, losing a parent so young is never easy. You all are in thoughts and prayers.
-c

Ann said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister, her children and all your family.

Rochelle said...

Jennifer,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rochelle

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I am SO sorry for your family's loss. I will keep them in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Hugs
Carrie

~kellyann~ said...

My deepest sympathies to your family in the loss of someone so young. What a terrible shock. May God comfort your sister and her beautiful little children...
Take care,
Kelly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

{ooops! Sorry, that was me who deleted the post above for a spelling error!}

I'm so sorry to hear this, my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs to the precious children and your sister!

Chiara said...

This is my first time reading your blog in a while. your family is in my prayers and I cannot imagine the grief your sister is dealing with. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Was just going over class projects for" Inspired" and decided to pop over to your blog-I am so sorry for your family's loss-I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Ginny said...

Just checking to make sure you & your family are well. This must be a devastating loss for you all. Just know we care & are praying for your sister & her family.