Saturday, October 04, 2008

10.4.08



Good morning :)

Today is one of those Saturdays that we have nothing planned, yet I have so much to do. I'm going to choose a few things to get done, so on today's list....

1. Back up van to garage, open garage door, fill back of van until it's full with items to drive over to Salvation Army.

2. Pack a few more things for the retreat in two weeks. I worked on paper yesterday. I have a few of those divided accordion paper holders, so I filled those with cardstock, kit club papers (Studio Calico and Scarlet Lime) and my favorite recent patterned paper purchases. That's all the paper I'm taking. It's still a lot and it will force me to work with what I've got.

3. Cook a good meal. Not sure what yet.

4. Put some mums on the front porch.

5. Organize Ipod music.

I love the photo above. It's actually one of those last pages from an issue of Country Living. (I have a bunch pulled out of magazines and I'm thinking of framing them or putting them up on an old junked up window frame.) That quote could be applied in so many ways - to blessings, burdens, or yes, even buttons. (ha) What do you look around today and see more and more of?

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot

2 comments:

Crafty P said...

i rip out all the last pages of CL, too! I always save them and put up the appropriate season on my fridge or by my computer.

love that quote you posted. so well put!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

I love that quote!