Friday, July 04, 2008

7.4.08

Happy 4th of July!

I finally finished painting our half-bath yesterday and wanted to post a quick photo. I love how the cherry red turned out. It's a happy color! I am not turned on at all by any bathroom towels or sets that I've found. I wanted something FUN and different. So of course....enter Anthropologie. Their dish towels are exactly what I had in mind. So I'm ordering a couple more in red patterns to mix and match in here. I love the one I already have with the birds and the green pom fringe! (you can see the photo closer by clicking on it) Oh....I put some Basic Grey rub-on swirls on the corner of the mirror. They were white, so I just put a little brown chalk ink on my finger and rubbed over them after they were on the mirror. Perfect shade!
Edited: The paint color is Behr's Ruby Ring in satin finish. I had to paint 3-4 coats, letting it dry between coats and I painted first with a tinted primer.

We are headed to my sister's in-laws' home today to celebrate the 4th. We'll be grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, swimming in their pool, jumping on the trampoline, and lighting fireworks. We are taking cream cheese stuffed/bacon-wrapped jalapenos, cornbread casserole, and some Texas beer. Can't wait!

And here is my favorite rendition of the Star Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston at the Superbowl! (I always cry when I hear it)


"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." ~Benjamin Franklin

12 comments:

Molly said...

Wow. I forgot how good she used to be. Thanks for posting.

stephanie howell said...

Hope you had a wonderful Fourth, my friend. And I am loving that red you chose. And you KNOW i'm wanting the towels (shocker)!!!
xo

denine zielinski said...

Wow! Glad I stopped by here! I'm doing some home improvement myself and have been debating colors. That red is fabulous. I'd love to see more pics.

doris sander said...

gorgeous color! :D

Teresa said...

Girl, it's gorgeous! Love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th!!
Love your bathroom! Great towels too! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh, it looks fabulous! I painted my son's wall crayon red when we first moved into our house. He was a toddler and I decided that it would be fun to paint each wall a different primary color. Ugh... what a pain it was to get that wall a true red, though. I certainly don't envy the work you had to put into that, but it does look great. The good news is that when we decided to change the color back to a more neutral tone, it was super easy. One coat of white primer and two coats of paint later and the wall is now a nice sandy brown... ;-)

Jana said...

Don't you just LOVE Behr paint and that towel is just the cutest!

Anonymous said...

I love the color! We just painted our powder room Behr "Cherry Cobbler!" And it took 4 coats to get good coverage. I think it was worth it though!

Have a great day! =)

Cindy said...

Gurrl, your bathroom is "speaking" to me! LOL. Seriously, LOVE the red. And those towels! Squeal! I'm so getting some of those...too cute! I love it all. And the mirror, too clever! More pics please!

: D

c

Anonymous said...

I love how your red turned out. I did our master bath red last fall and it really didn't come out as good as this. I think I need one more coat and some white to fix my boo-boos.

Yu did an awesome job and I love the towels.

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back and staring at your bathroom. I LOVE IT!