Monday, January 21, 2008

1.21.08


We just got home from spending the weekend in Oklahoma, visiting my Dad's family. It was wonderful to see everyone. And it was COLD. They live in a beautiful old neighborhood with a great park down the street, so we walked down there a couple of times with Noah and my nephew, Luke. (he went with us and Noah loved that!)

On Sunday we went to my cousin's church then back to my aunt and uncle's house for the most wonderful pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, and green beans. She's such a great cook! That afternoon my mom, my aunt, and I went to the downtown square to the antique mall. It was SO fun! Lots of wonderful things. Having limited space in the van on the way home definitely helped curb my spending. Pictured above are my pretty finds. (click on the photo for a larger view) I bought a powder blue divided quilted box, a bolt of vintage lace, an old hat with vintage millinery flowers on it (which I will pull off for projects as I need them), and three china pieces - a shallow bowl, a small finger bowl, and a sugar bowl. Inside the shallow bowl are the bottles of German glass glitter (ordered here) that were waiting in the mailbox when we got home.

I've been asked by several people where the photos of my creating space went. I just took them off the sidebar because they were a little outdated. I'm planning to change the paint on my red shelves from red to an antique white/ivory, so I just haven't posted new photos of my space lately. But I sort of gathered some recent ones into a collage and thought I'd go ahead and post those. They are mostly close ups of storage and vintage items that I use. (You can click on this photo for a larger view as well)

Photobucket

Gotta go do a little unpacking. :)

"Every individual has a place to fill in the world and is important in some respect whether he chooses to be so or not. " ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer, I remember you mentioning a while back that you were thinking of moving over to Typepad and that you were setting some stuff up on a Typepad blog. Just wondered what happened with that, because I've been thinking of doing the same.

Great finds! :) That glitter is so pretty and I just love the colors. May have to be making an order soon. :)

Tabitha said...

beautiful finds!

stephanie howell said...

okay. let's make a deal.
when i have the baby and after a while (long while) get my brain back....
let's go shopping.
and we are not allowed to fight over everything.
for real.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new finds! They look beautiful in the little still-life you put together. Do you ever scrapbook the pics you take of your finds?

Anonymous said...

oh i can imagine your scrap space is a bit of vintage heaven with wonderful finds like these! I'm thinking you & Steph need to open your own shop together :)

Jana said...

So happy you had a good time in my old stomping grounds! Love your pretty new things. I spent my weekend cleaning, organizing & purging my creative space since 911 is having their spring garage sale in early March. I'm selling alot of stuff but it feels GOOD! Keep watching my blog for photos. :-)