Sunday, October 15, 2006

10.15.06


We carved a pumpkin yesterday :)
All Noah's design and most of his cutting, with a little help.
I love the color and smell of pumpkins.

Martha Stewart had some other pumpkin decor ideas on her website last year and I shared these then, but here they are again.
Use a drill to poke holes in a pumpkin. (after it's cleaned out)
Put a string of Christmas lights inside, poking the lights out thru the drilled holes. Cut a larger hole in the back of the pumpkin to pull the cord out...plug in...and that's it. So pretty! I want to do some of these.


You can also cut out shapes all over the pumpkin and light it with a candle. See the Charlie Brown zig-zag one? Love that!

If you haven't subscribed to Donna Downey's new monthly newsletter yet, you should. It's really cool :) She has it divided into sections where she shares ideas on organizing from her scrap space and also gives you a challenge to alter something in her "Trash To Treasure" section. You can subscribe on her website/blog here.

I'm going to work on rearranging Noah's playroom today, so I'm off to organize.

Blessings!
- Jennifer

"If we must judge, let us first use the mirror on our own wall for practice." - Anonymous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The expression on Noah's face cracks me up! You must shake your head sometimes and think 'What a kid!'. Live entertainment, 24/7.

By the way, how are you doing on Redeeming the Season? I was doing so well, then I seem to have gotten stuck.

Lamech said...

I forgot to say earlier... I love this picture of our son!