Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Is it June yet?


Noah is getting ready to play on a real baseball team this summer. His first one. He is so excited and practicing hard on his catching and hitting. He's a real natural! I can't wait to be a baseball mom :)

Put up a new banner :) This is a photo of part of our backyard. I really love our backyard. This was one of the main reasons we bought this house. 18 trees in the back, beautiful grass, already set in flower beds, a huge porch, and lots of play room! We put in the playscape two summers ago and Noah and his cousins have really enjoyed it. I actually have a lot more flowers now as this photo was taken a couple of months ago. Lots of pretty pink, orange, and red flowers. :) This yard is a blessing from the Lord. It's full of HIS handiwork, so it's a constant reminder of how God led us to buy this house.

I've been working on some design team projects and classes that I will be teaching this summer and fall. Two Peas started carrying ALL of the new We R Memory Keepers stuff and a lot of it is selling out. YAY!

OH, tonight I made homemade biscuits because Noah wanted some biscuits. But I needed a quick recipe as I was already in the middle of making dinner. So I found a recipe online and tweaked it a little. They aren't lowfat, but they are yummy and fast! Here's the tweaked recipe :)

Yummy Drop Biscuits
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. white sugar
1/4 tsp. plus another pinch of salt
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. half and half or whole milk
1/2 c. skim or lowfat milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Pour in the milk and melted butter and stir just until all dry ingredients are moist. (don't overmix! Biscuits will be rubbery!) Drop batter by large spoonfuls on a lightly-greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Serve warm. :)

Have a fabulous week!
Jennifer


"God has the right, and my permission, to rearrange my life to achieve His purposes." - Anonymous

9 comments:

justem said...

Love the new banner!!

Anonymous said...

Really like the new banner

Anonymous said...

I can see why you love your back yard so much!!!

Thanks for the yummy sounding recipe. I need to quit reading blogs before breakfast, LOL!

:)

Amy said...

Can I come and play in your back yard?? Great work!
I love new recipes so thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner. So summery! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is an absolutly gorgeous banner (definitely puts my lone daisy to shame, lol). Off to read your blog now!

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner! Makes me want to go outside! LOL

Melissa said...

your banner is perfect for summer, what an awesome backyard!

thanks for the yummy recipe :)

Unknown said...

I love our yard too--one of the main reasons we may never move! It's huge! However, I'm jealous that you have trees...around here, they seem to believe it's better to get rid of all of the trees and then let the homeowners deal with planting new ones. :(

Your yard is lovely--I'm sure more and more so every day!

xoxo,
Becca