Friday, April 28, 2006

Different kind of pink today...


You know I love pink. But not THIS pink. You see, right about now our plan was to be driving past New Orleans on our way to Disneyworld. But alas.... 3 of the 7 of us going are currently suffering from a stomach "thing." My sister is over hers and it lasted about 24 hours. Now her husband has it along with my son, Noah. I'm trying to keep my distance, but it's really hard to not hold Noah and kiss on him when he doesn't feel good. (and no, he didn't take the Pepto)

Feels funny to have EVERYTHING all packed and ready to walk out the door, yet we're sitting here watching TV, passing the time until everyone feels better tomorrow. (hopefully!) Our house sitters will have an extra day off, I guess. :)

I'm off to Joann's to get a head start on some teacher gifts I am making upon our return. :)

Please pray for us to all be well so we can LEAVE!! I know there is a reason for this, so I will trust in Him.
- Jennifer

"I will trust Him. Whatever, wherever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. My sickness, or perplexity, or sorrow may be necessary causes of some great end, which is quite beyond us. He does nothing in vain." - John Henry Newman

9 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry to hear you guys are sick. The same thing happened to us when we went to Disney at Xmas. Get well and have a fantastic time! Perfect weather here in FL for ya!

Adrienne said...

Ohh, feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jennifer! I know you've been looking forward to this so much. Prayers that everyone will feel better over the weekend, no one else will get this bug, and you'll be off and on your way! BTW, as always, I love your quote! I have copied so many of your quotes to use in my quote book!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry that everybody is sick. Hoping they all get to feeling better soon! It's hot, hot, hot here in FL. Bring lots of sunscreen. You're gonna have so much fun with the boys!! Sue

Cindy Lee said...

aw man, I'm SO sorry - praying that everyone is feeling better and ready to leave soon! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry your crew is not feeling well. Hope everyone gets better so you can all enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Oh yucky. I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. Hope that by now you are over whatever it was!!

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

Oh Jennifer... i hope ya'll are having a great time at Disney as I write! : )

Anonymous said...

Certainly thinking of you and your family! Your trip will be awesome despite this setback. ENJOY!!!