Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Retreat and Reality!


Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I blogged. Sorry about that! :) I've had a lot going on and now have some nice *down* time to blog.....

I went to a really fun scrapbooking retreat this weekend! I've been to this particular retreat 4 times and I think this was my favorite one yet. I met lots of fun people, laughed my head off, and also won 2nd place in the layout contest. (lumpy page division, of course!) Here is the layout that won me the prize - Shari. I am also excited because I get to be in charge of one of the contests for the next retreat and will developing a SKETCH to be used in the contest. Yay! :)

Here are some of my other layouts that I completed this weekend. You can click on them to see a larger version:






This last layout has no photos on it at all. This was from Thanksgiving 2004 and I forgot to take photos :) However, I had each person there write down what he/she was thankful for, so this is a very meaningful layout for me. It was our last Thanksgiving with my Dad so it's very special to have his handwriting on the page in his square. (Richard)
One really cool thing I did on the way to the retreat was listen to Angie Pedersen's new PODCAST show! It's cleverly titled "Wholly Scrap!" and is all about the scrapbooking industry. I subscribed to it on Itunes and then downloaded the first show to my Ipod for the drive to the retreat. Angie, you are very entertaining and informative! You can check out links to the podcasts here: Angie Pedersen's The Blog of Me: Podcasts. I like to listen to this stuff when I grocery shop, too :) Sure makes shopping more fun!
Thank you SO MUCH to all of you that have emailed me about my organization article in March CK. I'm really excited about being featured in "Embrace Your Space" and was thrilled to be given this opportunity by Denise Pauley! What a blessing. :)
I'm off to cook dinner. My favorite reality show - AMERICAN IDOL officially begins tonight, although our favorites aren't on until TOMORROW night. :) The favorites in this house are -
Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry! They both rock! (you can listen to some Taylor Hicks song clips here)
Later, friends!
- Jennifer
"What we know and even what we believe are not that significant if they don't show up in the way we live. Pure and simple, faith not lived everyday is not faith, it is facade." - Anonymous

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Your layouts are fantastic. I am glad to see that you are using "FLAIR"...gotta love it!
Teresa Wilkins
Flair Girl

TracieClaiborne said...

Awesome layouts!!! I tried twice to leave ya praise on 2Ps but it was screwed up. Sorry.

Congrats on winning the contest!

I cracked up when I saw your post because I kept asking myself what came on tonight that I wanted to watch and I couldn't remember until I saw your post. I missed it! Shucks. I'll have to catch it tomorrow night.

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

i seriously may watch this Idol. I haven't since the first one! LOL
But this one looks like it may be pretty good. Yes, i still haven't gotten the March CK- but the embrace your space section is always one of my fav's! Congrats again! Can't wait to see it girl.
Did u get into your album for the Chatterbox contest this weekend??
Let us know here. : )

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts, all of them! Great minds think alike! Check out my January 31 blog entry and note the similarity of layouts! Glad that you had such a fun retreat and it's good to see your sunshiney face!

Sophia

Anonymous said...

Love all the layouts you created.

Adrienne said...

LOVE all the LO's!!! FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

Hey..I was starting to wonder where you were!! Glad to see you posting again! HEY...I have the exact same faves for American Idol!!! One with killer personality and the other with killer good looks. Can't lose! Love them both!!! Your layouts are fantastic. You got so much done. YAY!

Tracy said...

Great LOs! Thanks for shraing.
I love Am. Idol too. : )

Anonymous said...

Jenny
Thanks for the beautiful Thanksgiving layout. It meant so much to see Richie's handwriting and it was so comforting to see what he was thankful for.

Lorrie said...

I love the LO's... had to put them right into my 2peas BOS!!!!

Unknown said...

WAY AWESOME layouts!!
and I couldnt believe my eyes about the "itchy" one!! Noah's hives, look exactly like the one's Brendan got last month, and the MD also said it was a virus!!
Glad you had a great time! ~Dawn

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, your pages are fabulous. So you, and such a reflection of your style and personality. Congrats on the lumpy page win!

A.I. - okay, remember last season and all that brouhaha over Constantine? If memory serves me, you were right in the thick of lovin' the guy (giggle). Well, I have a confession: this season, that's how I am feeling about Ace. Oh my heck, I am in love with him. He makes my heart go pitter patter. I really like Taylor Hicks too, but he doesn't do it to my heart like Ace does. Just thought I'd share...

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I love your Shari page. The colors of the background squares made me think this would make a great idea for a Christmas layout also. Love your blog, too! Glad your retreat was fun and I'm not surprised you won - just surprised it wasn't 1st place!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer....TAG! You're it!

http://heatherdwhite.typepad.com/unwrapped/2006/02/scrapper_tag.html

P.S. How was your retreat??

Anonymous said...

Dang girl!! YOu got so much done! I never get anything done when I go scrapping - too much talking. And congrats on the contest! You...lumpy? Noooooo ;-)

Robin

Anonymous said...

HEY! WHERE ARE YOU????? Just wanted to let you know that you're missed! I really miss reading your blog! Give us an update soon so I don't suffer from even MORE withdrawals! ;-)