(I wasn't in a creative title mood today, so there you go...) :)
Well, I guess it's safe to say that I'm not a daily blogger, huh? So sorry for my extended absence! I've just been really busy with Noah's schooling, some design team projects, and doing things around the house. This may be a long entry, so it will more than make up for it! :)
To start off my entry....I got tagged by Sarah! Really fun questions, so I'll do those first:
4 Jobs you have had in your life:
1. Dairy Queen - Yes, I was a curly ice-cream cone maker! And hey, I can still do the little curl on top of the cone.
2. Sporting Goods store - This was a FUN job. I worked here in high school (in my small town) and we did all the shirts for the local sports leagues and also got to put those glittery decals on t-shirts for people. I'd give anything to have some of those now! (like Mork from Ork saying "Nano Nano" or a glittery Bo and Luke Duke decal. Hilarious!)
3. 1st grade teacher - my favorite job by far. I taught for 4 years before I became a stay at home Mom. I loved it but don't have a desire to go back now. My heart is in the scrapbooking industry, not sure what yet. (would love to be teaching SB'ing classes again, though)
4. Preschool computer teacher - oh my goodness...this was just a "filler" until I got pregnant. I went around to different preschools in the area with a laptop and gave computer lessons to preschoolers. I didn't do THAT job for long. :)
Four movies you would watch over and over again:
1. Sleepless in Seattle
2. That Thing You Do
3. Napoleon Dynamite
4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (and they just released it on DVD with lots of extras!)
Four places you have lived:
I've only lived in 3 cities in Texas. I'm a homebody!
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. American Idol (YAY, starts again Tues. 17th!)
2. The Apprentice
3. The Match Game (yeah, the old game show from the 70's! haha...my Mom will laugh at this)
4. Mama's Family (confession: I TIVO this show and watch it when I'm baking or everyone else is gone...ha! The humor is so campy and small town...love it.)
5. The Golden Girls (cheating, had to add this one)
Four places you have been on vacation:
1. I've been to 38 of the states thanks to wonderful parents who took us on yearly vacations! (lots of RV trips)
3. Quebec City (honeymoon)
4. New England (one of my favorite vacation places)
Four websites I visit daily:
4. my blog to read comments and other blogs
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Italian (my favorite!)
2. fresh fruit
4. breads (I love the bread section of gourmet grocery stores!)
Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. World's largest scrapbook store
3. Le Chateau Frontenac (we spent part of our honeymoon here and our room was in one of the top little round towers! If you click on Slideshow, you can see the green-topped towers in the photo)
4. a spa!
Speaking of a spa.... that's where I'll be spending the day on Monday! For Christmas, David gave me a spa day, so I'm getting a hot stone massage, and a spa manicure and pedicure. I can't WAIT. David has the day off on Monday so he'll be keeping Noah while I go. I hope I get my new CK mag before then so I can read it while I get my pedicure.
I've been doing some scrapbooking this week. Trying to make a dent in the numerous Disneyworld vacation photos that we have. I used some of the Homespun Harvest patterned papers on a couple of the layouts. I just love the colors! Speaking of HH...see the new logo in my links to the right? I just love it! It was designed by one of the new designers for HH.
I found some fabrics online that are soooo gorgeous!! (some of them are pictured above) I want them to be turned into scrapbook paper! Amy Butler Fabrics, Dots and Stripes, and Florals. Aren't they all so gorgeous and funky? They'd be so fun on a scrapbook page, paper OR fabric. :)
I mentioned above that I used to teach scrapbooking classes. I really miss doing that and wish the store where I taught was closer to me! It's a 45 minute drive one way and I go right thru all of the city traffic to get there. One of my former students emailed me a few days ago and gave me the biggest compliment. She's been to CKU and other expos and taken lots of classes by top scrapbookers. She said that I am the best scrapbooking instructor/teacher she's ever had next to Stacy Julian. WOW! Stacy Julian is THE best teacher and motivator ever. So this is a huge compliment for me and a real confidence booster! You know, you stay out of teaching for a while and you start doubting your abilities to get back into it. I'm really praying about where to go with my desire to teach and get into the industry. So a big thank you for that. :)
We are going to some friends' home for dinner tonight and I'm in charge of bringing dessert. Gee....what a chore! :) I decided to make a Barefoot Contessa cheesecake recipe that I had seen her make on her TV show. It has no flour in it (which makes it creamier and dense) so I can't wait to taste it. I'm going to top it with dark chocolate shavings and maybe some lines of melted dark chocolate. Here is the recipe, with my modifications. She calls it Raspberry Cheesecake, but I'm doing chocolate. (It's only raspberry because of the topping):