Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Because I'm a Dork....


...I'm going to post my favorite commercial on TV here on my blog! I have to watch it everytime it's on. It doesn't take much on TV to make me happy. Just something fun and silly. And this commercial qualifies! There is a grocery chain in TX called "H.E.B." They've recently opened "HEB Plus" in north Austin. It's basically a GIGANTIC store with just about anything you could possibly imagine...groceries, gardening, baby items, party store, furniture, electronics, dishes....ANYTHING. And their commercial is a riot! It's a take off on Queen music, sort of Bohemian Rhapsody-ish and I could watch it over and over. (dork, I know) Watch it HERE!

David's birthday is next week and Noah and I are excited! David will be off work that day, so we're going to plan a "fun day." The best part is that I'm going to let Noah plan most of it! Haha...should be interesting to see what we end up doing. Noah will also get to walk around Target with a budget and pick out several things for David's present. Earlier he mentioned that Daddy needs "bubble gum toothpaste," so it will be fun to see what he chooses. :)

I gave the teachers their gifts yesterday and I've had such positive comments on the CDs and baked goodies! I emailed the recipes to everyone, too. I'm going to try every year to give out the teacher gifts early. That is SUCH a relief to have that done!

I have my Ipod loaded with Christmas music and I'll be doing lots of shopping tomorrow. I think I'll tolerate the crowds much better while listening to my favorite Christmas tunes. :)

Gotta go fix dinner soon. Here is one of my favorite EASY fixes for making dinner wonderful. At Central Market I love to buy these Colorado Spice mixes. (they probably sell them at any gourmet grocery store or place like Whole Foods) There are dozens of different mixes for every kind of meat, fish, and poultry. Tonight I'm using the Citrus Dill Salmon Rub. Just take some fresh salmon fillets (our favorite fish...very inexpensive right now!), lay them on parchment paper in a baking dish, sprinkle them with the spice rub, into the oven and that's it. They are SO yummy and taste like you paid $50 for your dinner. That's always fun :)

Have a wonderful evening and God bless you and your family!
- Jennifer

"The man who gazes upon and contemplates day by day the face of the Lord Jesus Christ, and who has caught the glow of the reality that the Lord is not a theory but an indwelling power and force in his life, is as a mirror reflecting the glory of the Lord." - Alan Redpath

8 comments:

Shell said...

That IS a cool commercial! Good idea for you to give the teachers their gifts early, too... I never would've thought of that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE that commercial. It cracked me up!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love HEB! We used to live in San Marcos and experienced HEB more so than the Houston area did. Now we have bigger HEB's! I love the store, the chefs, the food they create with all the fancy sauces and spice mixes.

That commercial is great!

:o)

Anonymous said...

OMG! I want an HEB Plus! not fair!!!! That's my favorite grocery store. :-)

... said...

wow, great commercial, we don't have HEB in CA I can't believe they have grown so much. Don't forget you are tagged...Lisa

Jana said...

Cute commercial! I didn't know we were getting an HEB Plus here in SA till I watched the commercial, it's over on the other side of town though....bummer!!

Carrie Anne said...

I love that you let Noah pick out your husbands gifts...that will definitely make for an interesting trip to Target. You are too fun!

Anonymous said...

That commercial cracks me up too! We are moving back to DFW soon. Joanna may have mentioned it to you if you've talked to her recently. I'm going to miss HEB for sure! Especially since they've just built a Plus store in Round Rock!
Jen