Monday, August 15, 2005

Idols LIVE !

(click the photo to see it larger)


Last night David and I went to San Antonio to see the American Idols Live concert. I must admit it was GREAT! I thought at least one or two of them would be mediocre but honestly they were all wonderful singers. I think being on a stage and NOT competing does a lot for their voices. We had a lot of fun before the concert...just people-watching. (we arrived about an hour early) There was a huge group of women (all spread out) with blue t-shirts that said, "Greek God Groupies." (LOL!) They were all there for Constantine. They had Greek flags, Constantine posters, and blue lightsticks and bracelets. (apparently this is a Constantine-thing because he acknowledged the lights) Yes, Constantine is my favorite, too. :) He sang Bohemian Rhapsody (the whole thing!) and it was so much FUN. He also sang "My Funny Valentine" and came down to the front row. He was singing to this chick and I thought she was going to pass out..haha.

Here are some more photos:






We were on the 11th row but when the last song was almost over (before the encore) I ran up to the front. I scooted over and was 2nd row center for the last 3 songs, so I got great pictures there. I took over 200 photos but this is just a sample of them. Bo, Carrie, and Constantine were the most popular and got the most applause/screams. One really cool thing about Bo...he had this awesome tattoo on his chest. It was two nails in the shape of a cross. Loved that. I knew he was now a Christian but it was really cool to see that. :) Poor guy had a broken foot (you can see in the photo above) so he couldn't do his stage jumping and had to change his set a bit. But he was still great.

VERY fun date night with my hubby! :)

I'll blog more later....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that you got to see that! Glad you and David had a great time!

Jenn said...

Sounds like a blast! I would love to go to this concert... especially to hear Bo and Carrie sing together!

Anonymous said...

Ok I so wish I could have gone! That probably would have ruined the date though ;) Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Jana said...

Oh man, now I'm bummed that I didn't go....esp. because I live in San Antonio and we could've met! I'm happy to hear it was a good show & that Constantine got some lovin' from the SA crowd. He was my fave too.

Cindy Lee said...

wow! looks like SO much fun! thanks for sharing the pics!!! still lovin' your blog - it's one of my favs! hugs, Cindy Lee