Friday, July 15, 2005

Schweet.

Ok, so I'm in a silly mood tonight.
But I think this picture is HIL-ARIOUS.
If you haven't yet seen Napoleon Dynamite....well, shame on you.

Even my 5-year old thinks it's funny :)
He almost has Napoleon's dance sequence at the end memorized.
And he wants a "Give Me Your Tots" t-shirt. Gotta find one in his size!


So....I like to post a lot on the message boards at Two Peas in a Bucket. I joined the site on October 31, 2000. Tonight I posted my 5,000th message on the boards. This is something people usually do in 1-2 years. I'm slow, I guess. But hey, quality over quantity, right? When you hit 5,000 posts you can give yourself a new Pea title. So my new title I gave myself is "Schweet Pea." I like the word schweet. It's fun to say and fun to type. In fact, I was trying to type the regular word "sweet" in an email earlier tonight and couldn't do it! I kept adding in the "ch." It was funny, actually :) I would have left it as schweet, but the email was going to a big group of parents at my son's new school. Hey, I'm trying to make a good first impression. :)

I'm SO EXCITED to get my August kit for the Wendi Speciale design team! This new kit just ROCKS. I'm mentally planning the projects I'll be doing and can't wait to get started on them. Wendi's stamps are schweet. :) You will soon be seeing them popping up in published layouts everywhere!

Oh boy, today I started coughing again and not feeling quite right. UGH!! David and I figured out that the last two nights I haven't slept with the humidifier on in our bedroom. I think that makes a huge difference! So it's definitely going to be on tonight. I refuse to relapse and let this asthma take over again. I love my nebulizer, by the way.

I'm sticking with my commitment to simplify. It's working! I feel much more peaceful about things on a daily basis and look foward to each new little project. God, thank you for putting this in my heart. It has made such a difference in my life.

If you liked the Nickel Creek music that I posted yesterday, you will love this. It's a full-length Nickel Creek concert online, recorded at Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. I love watching this while I'm on the computer!

God, thank you for lots of snuggle time with Noah today. He was a in a really good mood and let me hold him while we watch his new Chip 'n Dale cartoons DVD. I know that won't last forever, so I definitely took advantage of it today. He's so funny. He never cares if I just stare at him. I do that a lot. I like to soak in every detail in his face from his long curled eyelashes to his ruby red lips. That child has the reddest lips I've ever seen! Thank you, God for my beautiful boy :)

Ok, today's recipe is Tomato Basil Soup. If you've ever been to Le Madeleine restaurant, you know they are famous for this soup. This recipe is a copycat version and tastes exactly like theirs. It is YUMMY, easy, and so good with a salad and crusty french bread. Warning: this is NOT a light recipe. :) This recipe is great for the summertime since it involves very little cooking and great for the winter months since it's....well, soup!

Tomato Basil Soup
12 fresh basil leaves
4 cups whole tomatoes (I just use canned whole tomatoes)
2 1/2 cups tomato juice (canned or bottled)
1 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 and 1/2 or whole milk, but it won't be as creamy)
1/4 lb. butter (or margarine, but won't be as creamy)
1/2 c. chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
salt and pepper to taste

In a large stockpot, simmer the tomatoes and tomato juice for 30 minutes over low heat. Turn off the heat and add the basil leaves. Stir. Puree' the mixture either in the blender or food processor in small batches or with a handheld blender right in the stockpot. Return the mixture to the stockpot. Add the cream, butter, stock, and salt and pepper. Heat the soup over low heat at least 10-15 minutes, tasting to see if you need more salt and pepper. Serve with a salad and crusty french bread. Enjoy!
-----------

Enjoy all of the many blessings that God has put in your life this weekend!
- Jennifer

"Though I am always in a haste, I am never in a hurry, because I never undertake more work than I can go through with perfect calmness of spirit. " - John Wesley

3 comments:

msjonnalee said...

Hey girl, i ran upon your blog over at 2peas and thought I have some time and I'll check it out. Well my new soul sister I affirm you for being bold in your faith, i love your recipes and I love ribbon. I can't wait to make the tomato soup. moved to arkansas a year ago and man do I miss la madeline and starbucks...

Jennifer Stewart said...

Thank you so much! :) I tried to email you back but couldn't find an email address. (or Pea name, lol)

I sure appreciate your comments and it's great to know another believer :)

Jennifer

Heather said...

Jennifer . .. Schweet! on the 5000 posts. We won't talk about how long it will take me to get to 5000, but I don't post much!

Okay, did you add me to the Wendi S. mailing list? Got the email about the August kit over the last couple of days and just had to laugh b/c of our recent conversations. I instantly thought. . .Jennifer's trying to get me addicted!