Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Random Thoughts...


I taught my last Book of Me class today at my fabulous LSS. I am going to miss it, but being 45 minutes away without traffic is just too far for me. I love all of my students and will miss seeing them each month. I'll be there shopping, though, so I won't disappear! With Noah starting Kindergarten this year I want to rework my schedule to be very open and flexible. Family first, right? :)

I'm feeling blah. I was sooooo hoping to get a spot on the design team for a new scrapbooking company, Moments Defined. It's 5:00 p.m. and no call so far. I'd be so thrilled to get this, but think that it's getting really late to get a call. I'm not jealous and am really happy for the people who did get a spot. Just wish there was room for me, too! Oh well, if it doesn't work out then God has something better planned for me. I love my work and know that it's good enough for something. I know there is a spot in the scrapbooking world for me. I just have to find it! I'm not trying to be Happy Henrietta. I'm really disappointed and need to feel this way for a while this evening. Then I can get over it and try again. I think it's important to let myself feel down about it. Yes, I know exactly what is most important in my life and appreciate all that God has given me. I just need to be sad for a few hours. :)

It sure is hot outside. Everytime I want to complain about it as I'm driving in my air-conditioned car, I see a homeless person or a big group of landscapers or construction workers who are outside ALL DAY. That makes me close my mouth quickly.

Thank you to everyone who makes comments on here. I really love reading them and also seeing where you are linking from to visit! The internet is an amazing thing.

The photo above is the Pottery Barn black cabinet that is in my entryway. I have a white runner on top with my collection of silver taper candleholders, white candles, and a white/silver antique lamp. I just love how it all looks when you enter my home and thought I'd take a photo of it. It's cozy. Silver candleholders are fun to collect. You can find them at flea markets and antique shops and they all look different. I think it's fun to polish them :)

I'm going to sit down tonight and reorganize my foam stamps. I thought of a new compact way to organize them and if it works and looks good, I'll post it on 2Peas. I love to organize and rearrange. Boy, a Cropper Hopper gig would sure be a dream! **EDIT: Here is the storage!**

Tomorrow I am going to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked. It's inevitable. I need glasses now. When we're sitting in church or when I'm driving I just can't see details very well at a distance. Whaaaah. That's ok...I'm gonna get some way cool glasses. And hey...another subject to scrapbook, right?

Today I'll share a yummy pasta salad recipe! This is really good to take to a BBQ (don't leave it in the sun, though) or a potluck party. It's good as a side dish for summer dinner as well. :)

Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

1 package (16 oz.) small shell pasta
3/4 cup ranch salad dressing (I like to buy the dry mix and make my own......tastes fresher)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain under cold water. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, dressing, bacon bits, sour cream, onions and garlic powder. Toss to mix well. Sprinkle dried parsley on top. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 10-12 servings.

------------------

Thanks for reading! God bless my blog friends!
- Jennifer

"Conscience is God's built-in warning system. Be very happy when it hurts you. Be very worried when it doesn't." -Anonymous

3 comments:

Heather said...

Jennifer, I know it's gotta be hard to wait to hear on the DT thing. . . .I fear the rejection of the whole scrapping world thing so much, I haven't sent anything in since the 1 thing I sent to CK in 1998! You do have terrific work, and you'll find the right fit.

I visited once before. . .don't know how I didn't get your blog bookmarked, but found you again today, and saw you'd been in the hospital. EEK! Hoping you're feeling tons better.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, so sorry you are disappointed about the DT position but I agree and it's okay to mourn not getting it - there's a season for everything under the sun - it's not staying there that's the key! Chin up, sweety, God will bring something your way that is perfect for you!

I LOVE your candlesticks and I collect them too, not just silver ones though, I have wooden ones, pewter ones, brass ones and chrystal ones - when I have a minute I'll post on my blg so you can see!

Thanks again, for the yummy recipe!

hugs, talk at ya soon,
Cindy Lee

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, so sorry you are disappointed about the DT position but I agree and it's okay to mourn not getting it - there's a season for everything under the sun - it's not staying there that's the key! Chin up, sweety, God will bring something your way that is perfect for you!

I LOVE your candlesticks and I collect them too, not just silver ones though, I have wooden