Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Noah's Words of Wisdom...


Today was all about laundry, kitchen clean up, and grocery shopping. I also planned our meals for the next week or two (that's how I grocery shop!) and finished my paperwork for the Pulmonologist tomorrow. I'm really looking foward to my appointment. Isn't that sad? haha :) I just want to find out what I can do to get my asthma under control. And by the way, your posts that say you are praying for me mean SO much to me. I will definitely update after my appointment tomorrow. But I don't want my entire entry today to be about my asthma! :)


David worked from home today, which was really nice. I got so much done, got to rest, and even got to do two layouts! I wish I could post them here, but they are for the Wendi Speciale Designs design team for August. When I get her permission I'll post! I had SO MUCH FUN using the August kit stamps. :) If you are thinking about preordering this kit, you'd better do it soon. They are about to sell out!


We grocery shopped as a family tonight. That was weird. I'm usually by myself or with Noah, so David got to see what a *challenge* it is to shop with Noah. Oh my goodness....he talks NON-STOP. I am not kidding. He had to show David EVERY kind of cereal, EVERY cookie, EVERY pizza. It was hilarious. And at one point David and I just looked at each other and laughed. Noah stopped to breathe (once) and said, "Am I asking a lot of questions? Huh? Am I? Huh, Daddy?" We laughed about it in the car on the way home but agreed that we'd MUCH rather he be like that than quiet as a mouse. He has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh all of the time. I think that's one of the things I'll miss most when he starts kindergarten. Thank you, God, for a little boy who enjoys life, is confident enough to ask questions, and loves to laugh.

We spent a few hours on Saturday with all of my sisters and their families. Noah couldn't get enough of his one-year old cousin, Drew, or his three-year old cousin, Jane. When we got home that night he said, "Mommy? I'm going to start praying for a baby." All on his own. Out of the blue. Wow, what a blessing it was to hear that. David and I would love to have another child and have been trying for some time. For God to have the sweet prayers from a sincere 5-year old asking for a brother or sister, I just know that it will happen for us. And without fail, every prayer, Noah has said, "and please give us a baby." Once he forgot and quickly bowed his head and speed-prayed..."oh yeah, give us a baby. AMEN!" haha :)

Today's recipe is another one of my own. I love pot roast. It reminds me of home and being little. My Mom makes wonderful pot roast. This is my own version.

Jennifer's Crock Pot Roast and Vegetables

2-3 lb. Chuck roast (remove excess fat)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, sliced
4 oz. Fresh s, sliced
2 Tbsp. Olive oil

1 bay leaf
Worcestershire sauce
2 russet potatoes, washed and diced into large pieces
5 carrots, peeled and diced into large pieces
3 stalks celery, chopped
salt and pepper
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can cream of soup
½ - 1 can water

*Wash roast from package. Add olive oil to a dutch oven and heat to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add roast and just brown the roast on all sides to seal in juices. Put 3-4 dashes of Worcestershire on top of roast. In Crock Pot, add ½ of the onion soup mix and ½ of the can of cream of soup. Place roast and all pan drippings in crock pot on top of this. Add rest of onion soup mix and cream of soup on top of roast. Add s, celery, and water. Add two more dashes of Worcestershire, the bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or all day on low. (Low is the best setting and it makes your house smell wonderful!) About two hours before serving, add carrots and potatoes to crock pot. When ready to serve, remove roast and vegetables from crock pot. You will have a wonderful gravy left in the crock pot.

---------------
Have a blessed Tuesday!
- Jennifer

"We know the excitement of getting a present- we love to unwrap it to see what is inside. So it is with our children – they are gifts we unwrap for years as we discover the unique characters God has made them." - Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah sounds like such a wonderful little boy. Good news: my son talked non-stop when he was little. The cool thing, is that although he doesn't chatter so much now, he doesn't hesitate to sit down and "gab" with me. I know more about his friend's lives than their own mothers do - all because John is a talker! Gotta love that.

Heather said...

Love those chatterers . . .I have three of them. It's great because you really find out how their minds work. Ian once told us God must've run out of glue when working on Dad-Dad (my dad) because he had no hair. ::snort::

What sweet prayers. . .and deligent too. Hoping it happens for you soon.